Story

home_wine_history_pic4
home_wine_history_pic5

Company


The company's headquarters are located on the sloping slope of Montecarlo, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, expertly cared for with patience and dedication by locals, on the side facing Lucca.

Casini Davini produces and markets its own brand of wines with the family brand as well as products from other important Tuscan and Italian wine factories and beer in barrels.In particular, it offers a large sample of excellent wines of different categories, always maintaining a good value for money.The staff of the company joining, in addition to the Davini family, people with extensive experience and young managers, is available to illustrate the range of products and has taken special care of the specially used tasting room at home.

The brothers Davini, Luigi and Mario have always been in wine business, have joined the wine passion for their family history and from here was born in September 2008 with the help of the whole family the company that is bearing the name "Davini House". Mario and Luigi, together with Cristina Davini, daughter of Mario, have created a line of wines to celebrate ancestors Mario Davini, painter, sculptor, xilografist, polychrome artist Lucchese of the twentieth century, and after extensive studies and research on paints and Xylographs Of the artist, the wines labeled with Casata Davini were born. Mario Davini was the brother of Dino Davini (doctor) from whom Leda, Lina and Hector were born. Hector, chemist, married Giovannna Bianchini daughter of Severo Bianchini Primary Hospital of Lucca as well as personal physician of Giacomo Puccini. From the marriage of Hector and Joanna were born Maria Luisa, Grace and Severus. It is from Severus that descends the present generation of Davini: from marriage to Liliana Bedini were born, in fact, Giovanna, Mario and Luigi.

WE LOVE WINES

The Artist

Mario Davini was born in Lucca on 24 January 1876 by Pietro Davini, a famous sculptor from Lucca and from Giulia Parenti. He spent his life in the town residence of Via S. Andrea where he had his own studio, and the family villa of Gattaiola. Mario moved the first artistic steps right under the guidance of his father and continued his education by attending the R.Istituto di Belle Arti di Lucca where he obtained the license with praise in 1900, presenting a work titled "Pace claustrale" Next year for the exhibition of Fine Arts in Munich. He continued his studies at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence and completed his education at Edoardo Gelli's studio. It is from the early 900's that the young author came to light in many exhibitions not only in Italy (Milan, Genoa, Florence ...) but also abroad (Munich and Petersburg). In September 1908, the artist left for New York where he stayed for 16 months, producing many works with remarkable success. In the following years he saw artistic maturity: he opened his own staff in the studio of Via S. Andrea, with sacred paintings, portraits, self-portraits, landscapes, began his own art critic and publicist, and "insigne xilograph" as Defined in 1927 by Plinio Nomellini. The artist's ongoing research activity received his consecration in the exhibition at the Universe Hotel from June 1 to June 15, 1940. Following this Davini retired in the following years in a strict isolation devoting himself to pictorial and literary activity. He died in his villa in Gattaiola on October 23, 1951.